I thought I had mentioned it before, but I guess I hadn’t! So here goes. Prompted by Toni’s post on Austenland, a Jane Austen Book Club has been formed and I’m in! My girls and I love Jane Austen; them the movies, me the books. I’m slowly encouraging them to read the books too even if they’ve seen the movie versions. I must admit though that the books are a little hard to read especially for young readers. Heck, I read a lot slower when I’m reading a Jane Austen. Some passages I need to read over in order to understand.
I’m excited about this Austen online club. This month, our book of choice is Persuasion. I’m a couple of chapters short of finishing the book and of course, in true Jane Austen fashion, it is truly hard to put down; full of lost loves, mixed and crossed signals, romance and prudence.
If you’d like to join, it’s not too late. It’s a short book so you have time to catch up. Visit Wits and Nuts’ introduction to the book club to learn more about how you can join. Some of the rules are below:
* We’ll be reading the same title each month
* We’ll write about the novel of the month in our own sites and specifically mention about our favorite chapter, scene, quote or anything that struck us most
* Link back the first Jane Austen-related novel post to this announcement and submit the link to your entry through the comment section
* All the posts/links will be summarized monthly and we can have our sort of Q & A for that
* Anyone may participate in the monthly virtual meet up
* I’m dedicating a page for the book club to include the schedule of novels to be read + the screenshot of the primary website (header) of the members. It will be updated accordingly, i.e. when there’s a new joiner, etc. Click here to see the page.
* Contests will be held after we’re done with the 4th and 8th (final) novels.